Welcome to the Families First Pals Blog Hop for April 2017. This month we are featuring projects that are all about our families. This is a great time of year to think about what to make for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or upcoming graduations. And, family vacations are just around the corner… how would you want to remember those special family moments? We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
My card is all about my family’s love of nature and camping. My passion for the great outdoors began when I was a child. Our annual family vacations to Cook Forest, PA are full of wonderful memories and our trips always included a rendition of “The Bear Went Over the Mountain.” This song was taught to my children and my son who now lives in Fresno California has taught it to my grandchildren! He has taken me on many adventures in California and Washington. The retiring All About Adventure Bundle provided the perfect elements to make a birthday card for him.
I love using mix patterns of DSP to give a whimsical look and added snow to the mountain tops by using white embossing powder with a little Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. The first time I hiked in Yosemite with my son the Nevada and Vernal Falls were at their pike because of the melting snow. Another favorite time was when my husband and I left a chilly, snowy Cleveland, Ohio to visit Alex’s family in Fresno. We drove to the Giant Redwoods and played in the snow. Now do you get it? … we love our outdoor adventures.
Balloon Adventures Photopolymer stamps were used for the inside sentiment and Thoughtful Banners on the sign.
And to finish the card I used a matching Crumb Cake envelope (retiring) with DSP on the flap and a small pine tree on the front. I know my son will love this card and I can’t wait to help create more family memories!
Thanks for visiting. I hope you enjoyed my version of Families First. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Susan Itell at simplestampin.com
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme by Becky Retzer Your are here
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps.com
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards