Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for May 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects that are “stepped up” by using textures or fun techniques. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
Besides stamping, I find it relaxing to work in my yard. I love lots of color and texture which is achieved by many periennials, fabulous greens and baskets and pots of annuals. Many of my perennials have been moved several times as we have moved to the dismay of my husband All this to let you know how excited I was to share some of the colors and textures in my garden by using a favorite technique that I learned many years ago called Faux Silk. It is simply stamping on tissue paper, crinkling the paper and then adhering it to card stock.
One of the many benefits of being a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator is pre-ordering from the upcoming (drum roll please) 2017-2018 Annual Catalog. The Label Me Pretty Stamp set and the Pretty Label Punch give you a small sampling of the awesome items in this year’s Annual Catalog. A little additional texture came from the use of burlap and satin ribbon.
I also added some light sponging around the card base, Tasty Treats DSP & the label DSP using Crumb Cake ink to add a vintage look.
It was just as fun to decorate the envelope and the inside. I have a special friend in mind for this card who has the same love of flowers and textures. My supply list is below the Blog Hop Line-Up.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Karen Gooch at Inker’s Workshop
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme You are here
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps.com